How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan. Lightly grease 2 large baking trays and line with baking paper.
- Place butter and sugars in a large bowl and using an electric mixer, beat until light and creamy. Add vanilla and egg and beat until combined. Sift in flour, cocoa powder and bicarbonate of soda. Stir in cherries and choc bits.
- Roll 2 tbsp of mixture into a ball. Place onto tray and flatten slightly. Repeat with remaining mixture, placing balls about 3cm apart. Bake for 15 mins. Leave for 5 mins then place onto a wire rack to cool completely. The biscuits will become firm on cooling.
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 250g unsalted butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 200g packet glace cherries, halved
- 3/4 cup milk choc bits
- 3/4 cup white choc bits