How to Make:
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until just combined. Add the plain flour, rice flour, cranberries and orange zest, and mix until a dough forms. Transfer onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead until smooth.
- Roll out the dough between 2 sheets of nonstick baking paper until it is 1cm in thickness. Peel off the baking paper and use a star shaped cookie cutter to cut stars from the mixture.
- Arrange the stars on the baking tray in a circle, overlapping the corners slightly (making one or two wreaths, depending on the size of the stars). Press down on the corners gently to seal. Transfer into oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the stars turn light golden. Remove from the oven and set the trays aside to cool completely.
- Before serving, dust the stars generously with icing sugar.
Time for preparing:30 min. PT30M
- 250g Western Star Chef's Choice Premium Cultured Unsalted Butter, chopped and softened
- 2/3 cup pure icing sugar
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- Zest of 1 orange
- Icing sugar, to dust