How to Make:
- Process butter, sugar, flours and vanilla in the bowl of a food processor, stopping and scraping down sides with a spatula, if needed, until dough just comes together. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently to combine.
- Divide dough in half. Shape into discs. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until just firm.
- Preheat oven to 170C/150C fan-forced. Grease 3 large baking trays. Line with baking paper.
- Roll out 1 portion of dough between 2 sheets of baking paper until 3mm thick. Using 5cm x 7cm angel cutter, cut shapes from dough, re-rolling and cutting dough trimmings. Place, 2cm apart, on prepared trays. Using picture as a guide, make a hole in the top of each angel with a skewer. Repeat with remaining dough potion.
- Bake, 1 tray at a time, for 10 minutes or until just firm to touch, but not browned. Working 1 at a time, brush hot shortbread angels with cold water. Sprinkle with sugar. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Thread twine or ribbon through holes in angels to form bunting. Serve.
Time for preparing:30 min. PT30M
- 200g unsalted butter, chilled, chopped
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Coloured sugar, to decorate