How to Make:
- Process butter, sugar, flours and vanilla in the bowl of a food processor stopping and scraping down sides with a spatula, if needed, until dough just comes together. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently to combine.
- Divide dough in half. Shape into discs. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until just firm.
- Preheat oven to 170C/150C fan-forced. Grease 3 large baking trays. Line with baking paper. Roll out 1 portion of dough between 2 sheets of baking paper until 3mm thick. Using 6cm star-shaped cutter, cut shapes from dough, re-rolling and cutting trimmings. Place stars, 2cm apart, on prepared trays. Repeat with remaining dough. Using 2.5cm round cutter, cut 1 round from the centre of 1/2 the stars.
- Bake, 1 tray at a time, for 10 minutes or until just firm to touch, but not browned. Cool on trays for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of jam onto the centre of each whole star. Leaving a 3mm border, spread jam over stars. Top with cut stars, pressing gently to secure. Dust stars liberally with icing sugar. Serve.
Time for preparing:30 min. PT30M
- 200g unsalted butter, chilled, chopped
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons raspberry jam
- Icing sugar mixture, for dusting