How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line the base of a 22cm (base measurement) springform pan with baking paper.
- Cut twelve 1cm-thick slices from the cake. Arrange cake slices in the base of the lined pan, trimming to fit. Brush the cake base with rum or orange juice.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese, sugar and orange rind in a bowl until smooth. Add the orange juice and mixed spice and beat until combined. Add the eggs and beat until smooth. Add the sour cream and beat until just combined. Pour the mixture over the cake base in the pan.
- Place the pan on a baking tray. Bake cheesecake for 1 hour or until just set. Turn oven off. Leave cheesecake in oven, with door ajar, for 2 hours to cool. Place in the fridge for 3 hours to chill.
- Combine the extra orange juice and extra sugar in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium and bring to the boil. Cook for 3 mins or until syrup thickens. Cool.
- Arrange berries over the cheesecake. Drizzle with orange syrup.
Time for preparing:70 min. PT70M
- 800g Coles Iced Fruit Cake*, icing removed
- 1 tbs dark rum or orange juice
- 750g cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 3 tsp finely grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup (60ml) orange juice
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 3 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs
- 250g sour cream
- 1/2 cup (125ml) orange juice, extra
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar, extra
- Mixed berries, to serve