How to Make:
- Preheat the oven to 240°C.
- Place the apricot jam, fennel seeds, Moroccan seasoning and 2 tablespoons of boiling water in a bowl and mix well.Toss the vegetables well in a large bowl with half the apricot mixture, the thyme sprigs and 1 tablespoon oil.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large flameproof baking dish on the stove over high heat. Add the chicken pieces and brown for 2 minutes on each side, then transfer to the bowl with the remaining apricot mixture and toss well to combine. Add the vegetables to the baking dish and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until beginning to caramelise. Transfer to the oven and bake for 5 minutes. Arrange the chicken on top of the vegetables and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Divide the chicken and vegetables among plates and garnish with extra thyme.
Time for preparing:30 min. PT30M
- 3 tablespoons (1/4 cup) no-added-sugar apricot jam
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel seeds (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Moroccan seasoning mix*
- 2 small parsnips, cut into wedges
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 1/2 small butternut pumpkin, sliced 1-2cm thick, then cut into 2-3cm chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 thyme sprigs, plus extra to serve
- 6 chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, halved