How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat the oil in a flameproof roasting pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place onion and lemon wedges around the chicken in the pan. Combine the chicken stock, sugar, paprika and garlic in a jug and pour evenly over the chicken. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with oregano and chilli. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens slightly.
- Remove from oven. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Spoon evenly among serving plates. Serve immediately with steamed rice, if desired.
Time for preparing:40 min. PT40M
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 large chicken drumsticks or thighs
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano sprigs
- 1 long fresh red chilli, seeded, thinly sliced
- Steamed white rice, to serve