How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Heat the oil in a large ovenproof skillet or frying pan over high heat. Season the chicken with salt and cook, skin-side down, for 3 minutes or until golden. Turn and cook for a further 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the pancetta and onion to the pan. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until pancetta is crisp. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to the plate with the chicken. Pour off excess fat.
- Lightly sprinkle the cut sides of the fig with the sugar. Place cut-side down in the pan. Cook for 3 minutes or until caramelised. Transfer to a small plate.
- Add the wine to the pan. Simmer for 2 minutes or until reduced slightly. Add the stock and vinegar. Simmer for 2 minutes. Return chicken and pancetta mixture to the pan. Scatter over thyme. Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and stir in the figs
Time for preparing:50 min. PT50M
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 chicken supremes
- 70g piece pancetta, chopped
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 3 figs, halved lengthways
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 7 sprigs fresh thyme