How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Heat half the oil in a large, flameproof, ovenproof roasting pan over medium heat. Season the chicken. Cook, skin side down, for 4-5 minutes or until golden. Turn and cook for a further 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Pour off and discard fat from the pan.
- Heat the butter and remaining oil in the pan over medium-low heat. Cook onion, turning, for 2 minutes or until golden. Add the wine. Simmer for 1 minute. Add stock. Simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Place chicken on top of onion. Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Turn off the oven. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Transfer chicken to prepared tray. Place in the oven to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place the broad beans in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 2 minutes. Drain. Refresh under cold running water. Peel.
- Return pan to medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for 2 minutes or until slightly reduced. Add the cream. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add the tarragon. Simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in two-thirds of the broad beans. Return chicken to the pan. Sprinkle with remaining broad beans and extra tarragon.
Time for preparing:45 min. PT45M
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 (about 1.2kg) chicken marylands
- 15g butter
- 1 large red onion, halved, cut into thin wedges
- 80ml (1/3 cup) dry white wine
- 80ml (1/3 cup) Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 300g (2 cups) frozen broad beans
- 80ml (1/3 cup) pouring cream
- 1/3 cup fresh tarragon leaves, plus extra, to serve