How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 210°C/190°C fan-forced. Place saffron threads in a small heatproof bowl. Add boiling water. Set aside for 2 minutes for flavours to develop.
- Place stock in a large saucepan over high heat. Cover. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat. Cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook chorizo, turning, for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer mixture to a 7.5 litre roasting pan.
- Toss chicken in 1 tablespoon paprika. Cook, in batches, for 4 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate. Cover. Add onion and garlic to frying pan. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add rice, remaining paprika and saffron mixture. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute to coat rice. Transfer to roasting pan.
- Pour stock into roasting pan. Stir to combine. Arrange chicken on top, slightly submerged in rice. Cover pan tightly with foil. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until rice is tender and liquid has absorbed.
- Remove pan from oven. Stir in peas. Top with capsicum. Cover with foil. Bake for 5 minutes or until peas are tender and capsicum is heated through. Top with tomato and parsley. Serve with lemon wedges.
Time for preparing:75 min. PT75M
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 8 cups Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 (110g) chorizo, sliced
- 1.2kg chicken drumettes
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 brown onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 cups arborio rice
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 200g chargrilled capsicum, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 lemons, cut into 12 wedges