How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C. Heat the oil in a large casserole pan over high heat. Add half the chicken; cook, turning, for 5 minutes or until brown all over. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Add the onion and ginger; cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add the cumin, paprika, cardamom, cinnamon and saffron; cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Return the chicken with the Sunrice low GI white rice and kumara and stir to combine. Pour over chicken stock and add pomegranate; stir to combine. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat.
- Bake, covered, in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Arrange broccolini over rice. Bake, covered, for 5 minutes or until broccolini is tender. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Use a fork to lightly fluff the rice. Sprinkle with pistachios and mint leaves. Serve immediately with yoghurt and lemon wedges, if desired.
Time for preparing:40 min. PT40M
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 6 (about 600g) chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 green cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp saffron threads
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) SunRice low GI white rice
- 1 kumara, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 1/4 cups (560ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tbs pomegranate molasses
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into 5cm pieces
- 1/2 cup (70g) toasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup small mint leaves
- Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Pomegranate molasses, to serve