How to Make:
- Heat the oil in a large casserole pan over high heat. Add half the chicken, cook, turning, for 5 minutes or until brown all over. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan, cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add the anchovy; cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until anchovy dissolves.
- Add the mushrooms, capsicum and pancetta; cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until tender. Add the wine and bring to the boil. Return the chicken with the tomato, stock, capers and oregano. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, turning occasionally, for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens slightly. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the SunRice medium grain rice following packet directions. Set aside to cool slightly. Add the olives, parsley, pine nuts and lemon zest; toss to combine.
- Divide the rice among serving bowls, drizzle with olive oil, top with chicken and serve immediately.
Time for preparing:45 min. PT45M
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 chicken thigh cutlets
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 1 brown onion, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 200g button mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 4 slices pancetta, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry red wine
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup (250ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tbs baby salted capers, rinsed
- 4 sprigs fresh oregano
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) SunRice medium grain rice
- 1 cup (150g) pitted kalamata olives
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup (40g) toasted pine nuts
- 1 lemon, zested
- Extra virgin olive oil, to serve