How to Make:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan forced. Place the witlof in a large bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 2 minutes. Drain. Place in a bowl.
- Heat a large flame-proof roasting pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle the chicken with half of the oil. Season and cook, turning, for 6-8 minutes or until the chicken is browned.
- Add onion, lemon, garlic and bay leaves to the witlof. Drizzle with the remaining oil. Season. Toss to coat. Add to pan. Combine the honey and vinegar in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 20 seconds or until honey is runny. Drizzle over pan. Bake, basting with pan juices halfway through cooking, for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve with crusty bread, if using.
Time for preparing:35 min. PT35M
- 4 small witlof, halved
- 4 (about 1.2kg) chicken marylands
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion, halved, cut into wedges
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 4 whole garlic cloves
- 5 fresh bay leaves
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Manuka honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Crusty bread, to serve (optional)