How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Place chicken and curry paste in a bowl. Rub paste all over chicken.
- Heat half the oil in a heavy-based flameproof roasting pan over medium-high heat. Cook lime for 1 minute each side or until charred. Transfer to a plate. Add chicken to pan, skin-side down. Cook for 3 minutes each side or until well browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Wipe pan clean. Heat remaining oil in pan over medium heat. Add brown onion, garlic, ginger, lemongrass and carrot. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add rice. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until rice is coated in mixture. Add stock. Bring to the boil.
- Place chicken on top of rice mixture. Cover tightly with foil. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil. Move chicken to one side. Fluff rice with a fork. Add beans, corn, lime slices, fish sauce and lime juice to rice. Stir to combine. Arrange chicken over rice. Bake, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is browned and cooked through. Top with green onion, chilli, peanuts and mint. Serve.
Time for preparing:50 min. PT50M
- 6 large chicken thigh cutlets, skin on, trimmed
- 1/4 cup Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 lime, cut into 1cm slices
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 lemongrass stalk, white part only, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups white long-grain rice, rinsed
- 2 1/2 cups salt-reduced chicken stock
- 200g green beans, trimmed, cut into 4cm pieces
- 125g baby corn, thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced diagonally
- Sliced long red chilli, to serve
- Chopped roasted peanuts, to serve
- Fresh mint leaves, to serve