How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lay bacon flat on a board and cut the round, lean eye off each rasher. Dice eye pieces. Wrap 1 length of remaining bacon around each chicken thigh. Secure with toothpicks.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until bacon is light golden. Remove to a plate.
- Add rice and diced bacon to frying pan. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add onions, garlic, turmeric, lemon rind, stock, and salt and pepper to frying pan. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until well combined. Transfer mixture to an ovenproof casserole dish. Arrange chicken thighs over rice, pressing down gently. Cover with a tight-fitting lid or foil.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through. Remove from oven. Drizzle with lemon juice. Sprinkle with coriander. Remove toothpicks. Serve.
Time for preparing:60 min. PT60M
- 8 rashers middle bacon, rind removed
- 8 skinless chicken thigh fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup white long-grain rice
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 small lemon, rind grated, juiced
- 2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves