How to Make:
- Cook the pumpkin in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 15 minutes or until very tender. Drain and use a potato masher to mash until smooth. Season and stir in 80ml (1/3 cup) of the cream. Set aside until required.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until browned. Use tongs to transfer to a plate.
- Add the leek and garlic to the frying pan. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes, or until the leek has softened. Add the wine and simmer for 2 minutes or until reduced. Add the cream cheese, stock and remaining cream and stir to combine. Return the chicken to the pan along with the chopped sage. Season and simmer for 5 minutes or until the mixture has thickened. Add the spinach and stir until just wilted.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Transfer the chicken mixture to a 1.75L (7 cup) baking dish. Top with pumpkin mash and smooth surface. Bake for 20 minutes or until the pumpkin is starting to turn golden. Sprinkle with the parmesan and sage leaves. Spray with oil and bake for a further 10 minutes or until golden. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Time for preparing:45 min. PT45M
- 1.6kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, coarsely chopped
- 300ml Bulla Light Thickened Cooking Cream
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 800g chicken thigh fillets, excess fat trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 leek, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 125g cream cheese, chopped
- 185ml (3/4 cup) chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped sage leaves, plus extra, to sprinkle
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 25g (1/3 cup) finely grated parmesan cheese