How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Heat half the oil and butter in a heavy-based, flameproof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat remaining oil and butter in dish. Add leek, bacon, garlic and thyme. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until leek has softened. Add wine. Bring to the boil. Stir in flour. Cook for 1 minute. Slowly add stock, stirring constantly. Return chicken to dish. Add mushrooms.
- Cover. Bring to the boil. Transfer to oven. Bake for 1 hour. Remove lid. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender. Serve with mashed potato.
Time for preparing:120 min. PT120M
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 40g butter
- 8 chicken thigh cutlets
- 2 medium leeks, trimmed, halved, washed, sliced
- 4 rashers middle bacon, trimmed, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 200g button mushrooms, quartered
- Mashed potato, to serve