How to Make:
- Use a large serrated knife to split the bread horizontally into 3 layers. Brush the cut sides of bread with 1 1/2 tablespoon of the oil. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the bread, in batches, for 1 min each side or until toasted.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan. Cook the bacon for 3 mins each side or until golden. Remove from heat.
- Place the bread base cut-side up on a serving platter. Spread with half the aioli. Top with half the lettuce, half the turkey and the bacon. Season. Top with the middle bread layer. Spread with the remaining aioli. Top with the remaining lettuce, tomato, cheese and remaining turkey. Sandwich with the remaining bread top. Insert 4 small skewers into the sandwich to secure. Slice into quarters to serve.
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 550g Coles Bakery Stone Baked White Sourdough Vienna
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 rashers shortcut bacon
- 1/3 cup (100g) aioli
- 6 butter lettuce leaves
- 300g leftover turkey (see tip)
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 slices Swiss cheese