How to Make:
- Cook noodles following packet directions. Drain. Place in a bowl. Add 1/2 the sesame oil. Toss to combine.
- Meanwhile, combine cabbage, pak choy and water chestnuts in a bowl.
- Heat vegetable oil and remaining sesame oil in a wok or large frying pan. Stir-fry chicken for 5 minutes or until browned. Add garlic, sauces, shao hsing and pepper. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce mixture thickens slightly.
- Arrange noodles, cabbage mixture, chicken mixture and carrot in serving bowls. Top with bean sprouts, green onion, sesame seeds and chilli. Serve.
Time for preparing:10 min. PT10M
- 350g packet fresh chow mein noodles
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 1/2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 baby pak choy, thinly sliced crossways
- 227g can sliced water chestnuts, drained, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 500g chicken breast stir-fry strips
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons shao hsing (Chinese rice wine)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts, trimmed
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 sliced long red chilli, to serve