How to Make:
- In a medium bowl, toss the prawns with 1 tbs of the soy sauce and 1/4 tsp pepper. In a small bowl, whisk remaining soy sauce with the sugar, vinegar, ginger, cornflour and 1 tbs water.
- Cook the noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water for 1 min less than the packet directions. Rinse under cold water until chilled. Drain. Transfer to a bowl. Add 2 tsp oil and toss to coat.
- Heat a large heavy frying pan over high heat until smoking. Add 2 tsp of the remaining oil, then add asparagus and chopped spring onion. Stir-fry for 3 mins or until the asparagus is crisp-tender. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat the pan over high heat until smoking. Add remaining 1 tbs of oil, then add the prawns. Stir-fry for 3 mins or until prawns are opaque and light golden. Return asparagus mixture to pan with the noodles and soy sauce mixture. Cook, tossing frequently, for 1 min or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Divide the noodle mixture among bowls. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and top with spring onion curls.
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 500g raw Australian banana prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- 1/2 cup (125ml) salt-reduced soy sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup (55g) brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbs finely grated ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp cornflour
- 270g soba noodles
- 2 tbs vegetable oil, divided
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut into 4cm pieces
- 3 spring onions, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Spring onion curls, to serve