How to Make:
- Cut three tomatoes in half horizontally. Coarsely grate the cut side of each tomato half into a large bowl. Discard skins. Add oil, vinegar and garlic. Stir to combine. Season well with salt and pepper. Thickly slice remaining tomatoes.
- Add sliced tomato, capsicum, cucumber, onion, bread and basil to grated tomato. Toss gently to combine. Stand for 10 minutes to allow bread to absorb the dressing. Arrange tomato mixture and turkey on a serving platter. Sprinkle with extra basil leaves. Serve.
Time for preparing:4 min. PT4M
- 7 vine-ripened tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 yellow capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 250g sourdough bread, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn, plus extra leaves to serve
- 300g sliced leftover cooked turkey breast, skin removed (see notes)