How to Make:
- Grease a 2.3-litre, 7cm-deep, 21cm x 27cm baking dish. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, adding zucchini for the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large deep frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken. Cook, stirring once, for 5 minutes or until golden and just cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Melt butter in same pan. Add leek. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes until mixture bubbles. Remove from heat. Gradually stir in milk, then cream. Return to medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture bubbles and thickens. Add chicken, pasta mixture, half the parsley and half the parmesan. Stir until parmesan just melts.
- Preheat grill on high. Transfer pasta mixture to prepared baking dish. Combine breadcrumbs with remaining parmesan and parsley in a bowl. Sprinkle over pasta mixture. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Sprinkle with extra parsley. Serve.
Time for preparing:25 min. PT25M
- 250g dried trivelle pasta
- 2 zucchini, halved lengthways, sliced diagonally
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 500g chicken breast fillets, sliced
- 50g butter, chopped
- 1 leek, trimmed, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup light thickened cream for cooking
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, plus extra leaves to serve
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs