How to Make:
- Reserve 10 pepperoni slices. Cut the remaining pepperoni slices in half.
- Heat oil in a large deep frying pan over high heat. Add onion, mushroom, capsicum and halved pepperoni. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables start to brown. Add pizza sauce. Stir to combine. Add passata, crushed tomato and stock. Bring to a simmer. Stir in pasta and oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Cover. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring every 5 minutes, for 15 minutes or until pasta is almost tender. Uncover. Cook for a further 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture thickens and pasta is tender.
- Preheat grill on high. Level top of pasta mixture. Sprinkle with pizza cheese. Top with reserved pepperoni. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is golden. Sprinkle with extra oregano. Serve.
Time for preparing:35 min. PT35M
- 150g sliced pepperoni
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 200g small button mushrooms, halved
- 1 green capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups tomato passata
- 410g can crushed tomato
- 2 cups salt-reduced chicken stock
- 200g small pasta shells
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano, plus extra leaves to serve
- 1 1/2 cups grated pizza cheese