How to Make:
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, adding silverbeet and peas in the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add bacon. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden. Drain on paper towel. Add butter and 1 tablespoon remaining oil to pan. Add, breadcrumbs, garlic and pistachio. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden. Add oregano and basil. Stir to combine. Transfer to a bowl. Wipe pan clean.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan over medium heat. Cook onion and zucchini for 3 minutes or until tender. Add pasta mixture, reserved liquid and bacon. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Divide among bowls. Top with crumb mixture and pesto. Serve.
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 375g penne pasta
- 4 small silverbeet leaves, trimmed, halved lengthways
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 middle bacon rashers, trimmed, chopped
- 20g butter
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons pistachio kernels, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh basil pesto