How to Make:
- Finely grate 3cm ginger. Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add mince. Cook, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon, for 4 to 5 minutes or until well browned. Add garlic and grated ginger. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add combined mirin, sugar and half the soy sauce. Cook, stirring, over medium heat, for 2 minutes or liquid is reduced and mixture is sticky. Remove frying pan from heat.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice remaining ginger. Combine stock, sliced ginger and remaining soy in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil.
- Cook soba noodles following packet directions. Drain.
- Divide noodles, buk choy and snow peas among serving bowls. Pour over hot broth. Top with mince mixture, onion, egg and shichimi togarashi. Serve.
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 7cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 500g beef mince
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup mirin seasoning
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1.5 litres salt-reduced chicken stock
- 270g packet Hakubaku Organic Soba Noodles
- 3 baby buk choy, halved lengthways
- 50g snow peas, thinly sliced lengthways
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 3 soft-boiled eggs, peeled, halved, to serve
- 1/4 teaspoon shichimi togarashi (7 spice mix), to serve