How to Make:
- Combine basil, garlic, nuts and parmesan in a small food processor. Process until finely chopped. With motor operating, gradually add oil and juice until pesto is almost smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place zucchini zoodles and peas in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 2 minutes. Drain well.
- Place zoodle mixture and pesto in a large bowl. Toss gently to combine. Divide zoodle mixture and ham among serving bowls. Dollop with ricotta. Sprinkle with chopped toast and extra basil leaves. Serve.
Time for preparing:4 min. PT4M
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves, plus extra leaves, to serve
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 large zucchini, cut into zoodles (see notes)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 200g thinly sliced leftover leg ham
- 1/2 cup smooth ricotta
- 2 thick slices crusty sourdough bread, toasted, torn