How to Make:
- For the quick-pickle cucumber, place the cucumber, vinegar, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Use your hands to combine, ensuring each slice is coated in the liquid. Set aside for 15 minutes for the flavours to develop.
- Meanwhile, for the cocktail sauce, place all the ingredients in a bowl and stir until well combined.
- When ready to assemble, gently squeeze and discard the excess liquid from the pickled cucumber. Split the bread rolls lengthways, taking care not to cut all the way through. Generously spread both sides of bread with the spicy cocktail sauce. Top with the iceberg lettuce and cucumber. Divide prawns among the rolls and drizzle with extra cocktail sauce. Sprinkle with the coriander sprigs and chilli.
Time for preparing:4 min. PT4M
- 4 long crusty bread rolls
- 2 cups finely shredded iceberg lettuce
- 20 cooked medium prawns, peeled, deveined
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
- 1 long fresh red chilli, thinly sliced, to serve Quick-pickle cucumber
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt Spicy cocktail sauce
- 125g (1/2 cup) Kewpie or whole-egg mayonnaise (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha chilli sauce (see tips)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice