How to Make:
- In 2 batches, process cauliflower in a food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Use a fork to whisk together the egg, half the soy sauce and 1 tbs water in a jug. Add half the egg mixture to the pan and swirl to cover the base. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with a further 1 tsp of the oil and the remaining egg mixture. Roll up omelettes and thinly slice.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and ginger, and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add the cauliflower and cook, stirring, for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Add the green shallot, carrot and peas to the pan, and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes. Add the prawns and sesame oil and cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Drizzle with the remaining soy sauce. Season. Divide the fried rice among bowls. Top with the omelette, sesame seeds, fried shallot and coriander.
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 1 (about 900g) small head cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or macadamia oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari, plus extra to serve
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 3 green shallots, sliced
- 1 small carrot, peeled, shredded
- 150g (1 cup) frozen peas, thawed
- 400g cooked prawns, peeled, deveined, tails intact
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Black sesame seeds, to serve
- Fried shallots, to serve
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve