How to Make:
- Remove sausages from casings. Combine sausage meat and breadcrumbs in a bowl. Using damp hands, roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add meatballs. Cook, turning occasionally, for 3 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes or until noodles soften. Drain.
- Add garlic, ginger, capsicum and carrot to pan. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add stock, soy sauce, vinegar, tomato sauce and 1 cup water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 10 minutes or until reduced slightly. Return meatballs to pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide noodles among serving bowls. Ladle over soup. Top with onion and coriander. Serve.
Time for preparing:20 min. PT20M
- 500g chicken and mushroom sausages
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 100g dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 carrot, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 1.5 litres salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve