How to Make:
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan. Add 1 1/2 cups water (see note). Cover. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender, adding a little extra water to pan during cooking, if needed. Transfer to a plate. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Peel and discard skin from potatoes. Roughly chop potatoes. Push through a fine sieve set over a large bowl. Add egg yolk, 1 tablespoon oil and sage. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Add 1 cup flour. Mix until just combined.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil over high heat.
- Dust a flat surface with remaining flour. Turn dough out. Knead gently until smooth, dusting with extra flour, if needed. Roll out dough to form a 24cm x 36cm rectangle. Working quickly, cut into 6cm squares (you should have 24 squares).
- Cook gnocchi, in 4 batches, for 3 to 4 minutes or until gnocchi float to the surface. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a baking tray lined with baking paper. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1/2 the remaining oil in large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook gnocchi, in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a tray. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, olives and nuts. Cook, tossing, for 2 minutes or until garlic is just golden and olives are heated through. Remove from heat. Add vinegar. Toss to combine. Arrange gnocchi and tomatoes on a large serving platter. Spoon over olive mixture. Top with ricotta, basil and chilli flakes. Sprinkle with zest. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with lemon wedges.
Time for preparing:55 min. PT55M
- 6 large (1.25kg) desiree potatoes
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 x 280g jar whole Sicilian olives, drained
- 1/4 cup Brazil nuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 large heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 200g tomato medley, halved
- 150g fresh ricotta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup small fresh basil leaves
- Pinch of dried chilli flakes
- Lemon zest and wedges, to serve