How to Make:
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook lamb for 1-2 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a large (6L) slow cooker.
- Heat remaining oil over medium heat. Cook onion, carrot and celery, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic, cumin, mustard, paprika and coriander. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Transfer vegie mixture to slow cooker. Stir in tomato, chickpeas, stock and water. Cover. Cook on low for 6 hours 30 minutes.
- Transfer lamb to a bowl. Once cool enough to handle, shred meat and discard bones. Return meat to slow cooker. Add silverbeet. Cover. Cook for a further 20 minutes. Season. Serve with yoghurt, if using.
Time for preparing:7 min. PT7M
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large (700g) French-trimmed lamb shanks
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, crushed
- 2 teaspoons brown mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 500ml (2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 500ml (2 cups) water
- 100g trimmed silverbeet (about 1/2 bunch), chopped
- Natural yoghurt, to serve (optional)