How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin on prepared tray. Spray with olive oil. Season. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the mirin, miso, vinegar, wasabi and honey in a bowl. Drizzle 1 1?2 tbs mirin mixture over the pumpkin. Roast, turning once, for 20-25 minutes, until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles in a saucepan of boiling water following packet directions. Drain. Refresh under cold running water. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray steak with olive oil, then season. Cook, turning, for 4 minutes. Drizzle with 2 tsp dressing and cook for a further 2 minutes for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest for 4 minutes. Thinly slice.
- Add snow peas, sprouts, ginger, shallot and beef to the noodles. Add half the remaining dressing and toss to combine. Place pumpkin on a plate. Top with the noodle mixture. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
Time for preparing:35 min. PT35M
- 1kg piece Kent pumpkin, deseeded, cut into wedges
- 60ml (1/4 cup) mirin seasoning
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons S&B Wasabi Paste
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 90g dried soba noodles
- 350g piece beef Scotch fillet steak
- 200g snow peas, trimmed, halved diagonally, blanched
- 50g snow pea sprouts, trimmed
- 50g (1/4 cup) pickled ginger
- 2 green shallots, thinly sliced diagonally