How to Make:
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic, lemon rind, turmeric, cinnamon and chilli flakes. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add stock, lentils, tomato and 750ml (3 cups) water to the pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and partially cover. Simmer for 30 minutes, until lentils are tender.
- Add the beans and kale to the soup. Stir to combine. Simmer for 3-4 minutes or until the beans are tender-crisp. Stir in the lemon juice and season with pepper. Stir in the coriander just before serving. Serve topped with a dollop of yoghurt, if you like.
Time for preparing:45 min. PT45M
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 3 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon MasterFoods® Turmeric Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 500ml (2 cups) gluten-free salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 135g (3/4 cup) French green lentils, rinsed, drained
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 150g green beans, trimmed, sliced
- 100g trimmed kale, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- Natural yoghurt, to serve (optional)