How to Make:
- Heat oil in large heavy-based saucepan over high heat. Cook the chicken for 4 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion, carrot, celery, mushroom and rosemary to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until vegetables start to brown. Add garlic. Cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add wine. Bring to a simmer. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Add passata, stock and 2 cups water. Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer. Return chicken to pan. Cook, covered, for 45 minutes or until chicken is very tender. Using tongs, transfer chicken to a board.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add pasta to pan. Cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Meanwhile, remove and discard bones from chicken. Using 2 forks, shred meat. Return chicken to pan with olives. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve stoup topped with parsley and extra rosemary.
Time for preparing:70 min. PT70M
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1kg skinless chicken thigh cutlets
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 200g cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary leaves, plus extra to serve
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup red wine
- 700g bottle tomato passata
- 1 litre Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 250g dried rigatoni pasta
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped, to serve