How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 230C/210C fan-forced. Heat butter and 1 tablespoon oil in a 25cm (base) heavy-based flameproof frying pan over medium-high heat until very hot.
- Meanwhile, sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add salt. Season with pepper. Stir to combine. Make a well. Whisk milk, egg, chives and 2 tablespoons remaining oil together in a jug. Add to flour mixture. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour batter into pan. Quickly place in oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook bacon, turning, for 5 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Place tomato, capsicum, parsley and remaining oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Serve pancake straight from oven, topped with bacon, rocket, a little tomato salsa and yoghurt. Serve with remaining tomato salsa and yoghurt.
Time for preparing:25 min. PT25M
- 25g butter
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 4 rashers middle bacon, trimmed, halved
- 3 tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1/2 x 330g jar whole roasted peppers, drained, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 40g baby rocket
- 1/3 cup plain Greek-style yoghurt, to serve