How to Make:
- Steam the sweet potato for 12 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a large bowl and use a fork to coarsely mash. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, boil or steam the broccoli for 3 minutes or until just tender. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Drain and finely chop. Add to the sweet potato along with the salmon, green shallot, quinoa flakes, chia, parsley, dill and lemon rind. Season and stir until well combined.
- Divide the salmon mixture into 8 equal portions. Use wet hands to shape each portion into a 2cm-thick patty. Transfer to a large plate. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook half the fish cakes for 2-3 minutes each side, until golden brown. Transfer to a lined plate. Repeat with remaining fish cakes.
- Serve the fish cakes with yoghurt, salad leaves and cucumber.
Time for preparing:25 min. PT25M
- 400g peeled sweet potato, cut into 3cm pieces
- 250g broccoli, cut into florets
- 415g can pink salmon or red salmon, drained, flaked
- 4 green shallots, trimmed, finely chopped
- 35g (1/3 cup) quinoa flakes
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- Low-fat natural yoghurt, to serve
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Baby cucumber wedges, to serve