How to Make:
- Soak the chickpeas in a large bowl of water overnight. Drain.
- Place the chickpeas in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until tender. Drain. Set aside.
- Process onion, garlic, ginger, chilli, garam masala and cumin in a small food processor until a thick paste forms. Heat oil in a large saucepan or wok over medium heat. Add the paste and stir for 1-2 minutes or until aromatic. Add tomato and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the stock, coconut milk, cooked chickpeas and pumpkin to the pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the beans, cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until the vegies are tender. Squeeze in a little lime juice.
- Meanwhile, process the broccoli, in batches, in a food processor until coarse crumbs form. Steam or microwave the broccoli until just tender. Drain.
- Serve the curry on the broccoli rice. Top with coriander and extra chilli. Serve with the remaining lime wedges.
Time for preparing:70 min. PT70M
- 210g (1 cup) dried chickpeas (see notes)
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3cm-piece ginger, peeled, chopped
- 2 long fresh green chillies, chopped, plus sliced chilli, extra, to serve
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons macadamia oil
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 250ml (1 cup) salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 125ml (1/2 cup) light coconut milk
- 300g peeled pumpkin, chopped
- 200g green beans, cut into 4cm lengths
- 1 1/2 limes, cut into wedges
- 600g broccoli, coarsely chopped
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve