How to Make:
- Combine garlic, ginger, shao hsing, oyster sauce, soy sauce and pepper in a bowl.
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add oil. Swirl to coat. Stir-fry mince, breaking up lumps, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add onion, carrot, sauce mixture, noodles, flavour sachet and 1 cup water. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes or until noodles are tender and mixture has thickened. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, place 1 cabbage leaf on a board. Cut along each side of the centre vein to form 2 pieces. Discard vein. Repeat with remaining cabbage leaves. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Blanch cabbage, in batches, for 1 to 2 minutes or until softened. Using tongs, place on a tray lined with paper towel to drain.
- Place cut side of 1 cabbage piece closest to you on a flat surface. Spoon 2 tablespoons mince mixture onto centre of leaf. Fold in sides, then roll up to enclose filling. Place on a large metal baking tray. Repeat with remaining leaves and mince mixture. Bake for 10 minutes or until heated through and leaves are beginning to char. Sprinkle rolls with sesame seeds, peanuts, chilli and extra onion. Drizzle with extra oyster sauce, and serve with rice.
Time for preparing:35 min. PT35M
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons shao hsing (Chinese rice wine)
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce, plus extra to serve
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 500g pork mince
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced, plus extra to serve
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 72g packet chicken-flavoured 2-minute noodles, broken into small pieces
- 9 large green cabbage leaves
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 4 cups steamed jasmine rice, to serve