How to Make:
- Combine the shallot, garlic, 1 tbs of the oil and the extra basil in a bowl. Season. Heat the remaining oil in a large ovenproof non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Season the chicken and cook, turning, for 4 minutes or until browned. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Preheat the oven grill to high. Scatter the tomato around the chicken. Spread chicken with half the basil mixture. Top with the bocconcini and spoon over the remaining basil mixture. Drizzle tomato with vinegar and sprinkle with sugar. Season. Grill for 4 minutes or until the cheese melts and tomatoes blister. Sprinkle with the basil. Serve with bread.
Time for preparing:10 min. PT10M
- 1/2 French shallot, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, plus 1 tbs finely chopped, extra
- 2 large (about 700g) chicken breasts, halved lengthways
- 300g mixed baby tomatoes, halved
- 4 (about 140g) bocconcini, sliced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- Crusty bread, to serve