How to Make:
- Place cornflour, soy sauce, five spice and sesame oil in a jug. Stir until smooth. Place beef in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add 1/2 the sauce mixture. Toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, if time permits. Add stock to remaining sauce mixture. Set aside.
- Cook noodles following packet directions. Drain. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat a large wok over high heat. Add 2 teaspoons of the peanut oil. Swirl to coat. Stir-fry 1/3 of the beef for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil and remaining beef, in 2 batches.
- Add remaining peanut oil to wok over high heat. Swirl to coat. Add onion. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and ginger. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add noodles and remaining sauce mixture. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add buk choy and snow peas. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until almost tender.
- Return beef to wok. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve topped with bean sprouts and chilli.
Time for preparing:20 min. PT20M
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/3 cup salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Chinese five spice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 500g beef rump steak, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 450g packet fresh thin hokkien noodles
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 red onion, halved, cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 bunch baby buk choy, trimmed
- 200g snow peas, trimmed, halved diagonally
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts, trimmed
- 1 small red chilli, sliced, to serve