How to Make:
- Cook noodles following packet directions. Drain well. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine cornflour and soy sauce in a small jug. Add oyster sauce, shao hsing, stock cube and 3/4 cup water. Mix well to combine.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add oil. Swirl to coat. Add mince. Stir-fry, breaking up mince, for 3 to 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- Add pak choy to wok. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until leaves are starting to wilt. Transfer to a bowl. Add onion and celery to wok. Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until just starting to soften. Add garlic. Stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Return mince to wok. Add sauce mixture. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until sauce boils. Add carrot, bamboo shoots, snow peas and corn. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until vegetables are just tender and sauce thickens. Add noodles. Toss to combine. Serve chow mein topped with pak choy, chilli and green onion.
Time for preparing:20 min. PT20M
- 350g packet fresh chow mein noodles
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup shao hsing (Chinese rice wine)
- 1 salt-reduced beef stock cube
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 bunch baby pak choy, leaves separated
- 1 brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 celery stalk, sliced diagonally
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 carrots, cut into long strips
- 225g can bamboo shoot slices, drained
- 100g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced lengthways
- 425g can baby corn, drained, halved lengthways
- Thinly sliced red chilli, to serve
- Green onion, to serve