How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Grease an 18cm x 28cm slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above edge on all sides.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden. Add onion and garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Remove from heat. Add lemon rind. Stir to combine. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place cauliflower and broccoli in a metal steamer over a saucepan of simmering water. Cover. Steam for 7 to 10 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a bowl. Cool for 10 minutes. Reserve half the cauliflower and broccoli florets. Place remaining florets in a food processor. Pulse until roughly chopped (do not over-process). Transfer to a bowl. Add reserved florets.
- Add egg, milk, our, bacon mixture, parsley, mint, peas, quinoa, chilli and salt. Season with pepper. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden and rm to the touch. Stand for 15 minutes.
- Lift fritter from pan. Cut into 8 pieces. Serve with salad leaves.
Time for preparing:60 min. PT60M
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 175g shortcut bacon rashers, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 500g cauliflower florets
- 450g broccoli florets
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 long red chilli, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Salad leaves, to serve