How to Make:
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Lightly spray a 3cm-deep, 11.5 x 33cm (base measurement) fluted tart tin with removable base with olive oil.
- Process granola, coconut, dates, cacao, chia and coconut oil in a food processor until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Use damp hands to press mixture into base and sides of prepared tin. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes to chill. Place on a baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes or until crumb is just golden. Use the back of a spoon to gently press down to compact. Set aside to cool.
- For the filling, place the dates in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes. Drain. Return to the bowl and allow to cool slightly. Add maple syrup and molasses. Use a stick blender to blend for a few seconds, until almost smooth. Add eggs and blend until smooth.
- Scatter half each of the chocolate and pecans over the tart shell. Pour over the date mixture. Sprinkle with the pepitas and remaining chocolate and pecans. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the filling is golden and set. Set aside in the pan for 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve the tart drizzled with extra maple syrup.
Time for preparing:45 min. PT45M
- 195g (1 1/2 cups) nutty granola
- 35g (1/2 cup) shredded coconut
- 2 fresh dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao
- 1 tablespoon black chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons solidified coconut oil Filling
- 8 fresh dates, pitted
- 60ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup, plus extra, to serve
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 3 eggs
- 70g dark chocolate (70% cocoa), chopped
- 125g (1 cup) pecans
- 1 tablespoon pepitas