How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Grease the base and sides of a 9 x 21cm (base measurement) loaf pan and line ?with baking paper. Place the oil, honey and tea in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes ?or until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly and develop the flavours.
- Meanwhile, combine the buckwheat flour, almond meal, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and cloves in a large bowl. Make a well in centre.
- Add the oil mixture, egg, zucchini and apple to the well and stir to combine. Spoon into the prepared pan. Use the back of the spoon to smooth the surface. Sprinkle with the almonds and pepitas and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool ?in the pan for 15 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Time for preparing:60 min. PT60M
- 60ml (1/4 cup) macadamia oil
- 60ml (1/4 cup) honey
- 1 chai tea bag, leaves removed, ?bag discarded
- 120g buckwheat flour
- 50g almond meal
- 35g (1/4 cup) coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 large (240g) zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1 (200g) Granny Smith apple, grated
- 1 tablespoon natural sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons pepitas