How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease the base and side of a 20cm (base measurement) springform cake pan and line with baking paper.
- Process pistachios in a food processor until finely ground. Transfer to a bowl. Add almond meal, buckwheat flour and baking power. Stir to combine.
- Process the egg yolks, sugar, lemon rind and juice and 60ml (1?4 cup) honey until combined. Add the pistachio mixture. Pulse until just combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Use electric beaters to beat the egg whites in a clean bowl until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg white into the pistachio mixture, in 2 batches, until just combined. Pour into prepared pan. Smooth the surface.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Heat the remaining honey in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until hot. Add the figs and cook, turning, for 2 minutes until coated. Set aside to cool in the syrup for 2 minutes before spooning the figs and syrup over cake.
Time for preparing:40 min. PT40M
- 100g pistachios
- 55g (1/2 cup) almond meal
- 55g (1/3 cup) buckwheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs, separated
- 100g organic panela sugar
- 1 large lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 80ml (1/3 cup) honey
- 2 fresh figs, quartered