How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease the base and sides of a 21cm (base measurement) shallow square cake pan and line with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang. Place the almond milk, sugar, oil and vanilla bean paste in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool for 6 minutes.
- Add the eggs to milk mixture and stir to combine. Add the buckwheat flour, almond meal, coconut flour, baking powder, bicarb and cinnamon and stir to combine. Spoon into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Top with the rhubarb, placing randomly. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool a little. Cut into 12 pieces and serve warm with a spoonful of coconut yoghurt, if using.
Time for preparing:30 min. PT30M
- 250ml (1 cup) almond milk
- 100g organic panela sugar
- 80ml (1/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 115g (3/4 cup) buckwheat flour
- 40g (1/3 cup) almond meal
- 35g (1/4 cup) coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 150g rhubarb, trimmed, cut into 5cm pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons natural flaked almonds
- Coconut yoghurt, to serve (optional)