How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above long sides.
- Combine ours, cinnamon, bicarbonate of soda and brown sugar in a bowl. Add carrot, zucchini, sultanas, oil and egg. Stir to combine. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Level top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool completely in pan.
- Make Lemon Vanilla Icing: Combine sugar, juice and vanilla in a small bowl until smooth and of drizzling consistency. If mixture is a little thick, add a few teaspoons of water and stir until smooth.
- Drizzle icing over top of cake. Sprinkle with lemon zest, if using. Stand for 30 minutes or until set. Cut into bars. Serve.
Time for preparing:30 min. PT30M
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 2 zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Lemon zest, to serve (optional) Lemon Vanilla Icing
- 1 cup pure icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract