How to Make:
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes (or use metal skewers).
- Meanwhile, combine soy and sugar in a bowl, stirring to dissolve sugar, then add fish. Set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- For dressing, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook eschalot, stirring, for 3-4 minutes until golden. Add the chilli, garlic and ginger, then cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add sugar and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes until it starts to caramelise. Remove from heat, then add fish sauce, lime juice, nuts, coriander, remaining 1/4 cup (60ml) oil and 1 1/2 tablespoons water. Adjust flavours to taste – you should have a balance of sweet, sour, salty and hot. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Preheat a barbecue or chargrill pan on high heat. Thread fish onto soaked skewers. Grill for 1-2 minutes each side until charred and just cooked through.
- Garnish the swordfish skewers with coriander leaves and serve with lime wedges and chilli peanut dressing.
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 2/3 cup (165ml) soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 x 200g swordfish fillets, cut into 3cm pieces Chilli peanut dressing
- 1/3 cup (80ml) peanut oil
- 8 red (Asian) eschalots (see notes), finely chopped
- 2 long red chillies, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3cm piece of ginger, grated
- 1/3 firmly packed cup (80g) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- Juice of 2 limes, plus wedges to serve
- 1/3 cup (50g) roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander, plus extra leaves to serve
Thai chicken skewers with peanut sauce
Sesame beef skewers with Thai salad
Swordfish skewers with chilli peanut dressing
Prawn skewers with chilli lime salt
Sweet chilli coconut skewers
Red curry lamb skewers with noodles
Tikka swordfish skewers with feta rice
Chicken tikka masala skewers with coriander dressing