How to Make:
- Combine vinegar and eschalot in a bowl and set aside for 10 minutes. Stir in peppadew, thyme, chilli flakes and 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then set dressing aside.
- Cook beans in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes until just tender. Drain and refresh, then set aside.
- Preheat a barbecue or chargrill pan to medium-high heat. Brush tuna with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and season. Cook for 2 minutes each side to sear. Slice thinly.
- Combine beans, tomato, onion, parsley and half the dressing in a large bowl and gently toss to coat. Divide salad among plates, top with tuna and drizzle with remaining dressing to serve.
Time for preparing:8 min. PT8M
- 1/4 cup (60ml) white balsamic vinegar
- 3 eschalots, finely chopped
- 50g peppadews (see notes), thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 100g green beans, trimmed, halved
- 100g yellow beans, trimmed, halved
- 4 x 200g tuna steaks
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into 3cm wedges
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley