How to Make:
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Add rice and cook, stirring, for 23 minutes or until just tender. Add peas. Cook for 2 minutes or until bright green. Drain. Refresh under cold running water. Transfer to a tray lined with a clean tea towel to drain.
- Meanwhile, use a mortar and pestle to crush cumin and fennel seeds until finely ground. Combine cumin, fennel, ground coriander, chilli, garlic, lemon rind and yoghurt in a glass or ceramic bowl. Add salmon. Turn to coat. Set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Juice half the lemon. Combine juice, vinegar and onion in a bowl. Season well. Set aside to macerate.
- Heat a chargrill on medium-high. Season salmon. Cook on a piece of baking paper, turning, for 6-8 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Rest for 2 minutes. Flake salmon.
- Coarsely chop half the herbs. Combine rice mixture, onion mixture, chopped herbs and pomegranate in a bowl. Divide among plates. Top with salmon. Sprinkle with pine nuts and remaining herbs. Serve with lemon wedges.
Time for preparing:20 min. PT20M
- 200g (1 cup) brown rice
- 230g (1 1/2 cups) frozen baby peas
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 70g (1/4 cup) Greek yoghurt
- 600g fresh salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh coriander
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 pomegranate, seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Middle eastern lamb with loaded baba ghanoush
Fennel and chilli pork belly with pear and walnut salsa
BBQ cajun salmon with mango salsa
Lemon maple salmon with beetroot and fennel slaw
BBQ salmon with saffron rice salad
Prawn skewers with hazelnut dukkah and mint yoghurt
Quinoa salad with salmon
Salmon and fennel salad